In the fast paced world we live in now, you’re hard pressed to find people with little or no stress. The world as we know it is changing so rapidly. There are inclinations towards war and civil unrest even in what used to be the greatest country on earth, the United States. Natural disasters are occurring at an alarming frequency. From powerful hurricanes to earthquakes that have wreaked so much havoc and destruction, not to mention loss of precious life. Turn on the TV and it seems the world is going to hell in a hand basket. Blame it on global warming if you will. Add that to the stress of everyday life and you can see how stress management is definitely needed in ones life. Hopefully you are prepared for financial emergencies. Here are some relaxing and great gift ideas for you as well as stressed out friends and family that won’t cost you an arm and a leg.
7 Relaxing Frugal & Fantastic Gift Ideas For The Stressed:
Affiliate links are contained in this post.
Anyone who has indulged in a manicure or pedicure will attest to the stress relief gotten from it. A lot of people are on their feet all day and would welcome the chance to soak their feet and disconnect from everything. Even if it’s just for a few minutes, the effect is longer lasting. It’s like having your own in-house masseuse. If they already own one, buy them some therapeutic foot soak.
Art Wall Print:
Our home is our sanctuary. Your surrounding should be calming and relaxing. It is your oasis. It’s been studied and proven that we are affected by what we have around us. If you are in a chaotic environment, you will definitely experience stress. You might consider painting your room in a calm color as as well. Something that takes you to a good place or invokes a great memory. The beach, a hike, anything you did. As an alternative, you could do a picture collage of family and friends. Things that make you calmer and stress free.
Relaxing, soothing, nourishing and calming. Right in your own home. What’s not to love? Any person who is overworked and stressed would appreciate it.
As a proud owner of some pretty cool headphones, I love being able to tune everything and everyone out. Listening to your favorite music or podcast or books should definitely relieve stress. This is a universally great gift idea that will be appreciated by all.
This is a great and versatile stress management item. You can use it in the home, in the car and in the office. Deep tissue massage to relieve stress of everyday life.
Eight different essential oils including Eucalyptus and Lemongrass that can be used anywhere to help with relaxation and calming of nerves. This is an effective and natural way to combat stress. Coupled with a diffuser and it makes an awesome gift. A few drops of oil in a humidifier in the baby’s room can do a lot to calm them :-). Here’s a great humidifier that makes a wonderful and useful gift for stressed out loved ones.
This stress ball is excellent as it can be used anywhere. In motion, in bed or even while walking. It serves not only to relieve stress, but it strengthens the hand as well. A win-win situation. Makes an excellent gift idea for a stressed out coworker, a commuter, pretty much anyone.
Other frugal gift ideas for stressed people include:
Tea – such as Chamomile and Peppermint. These are also natural stress relievers and can be a great compliment to other measures.
Yoga Mat: . This is a great gift for someone who wants to start or is already practicing yoga as a form of stress relief and excercise.
These are just a few frugal gift ideas for stress relief in men and women. A DIY project can be a stress relief gift basket incorporating some of these items. You can also add massage lotions, spa certificate gifts, yoga lessons, candles, and some relaxation tapes. This gift idea for someone who is stressed gives it a more personal feel because it shows a well thought out act of kindness.
Stress Management Tips:
- Exhale. Breathe deeply. When you feel yourself getting stressed out, take a moment and just breathe. If you’re in the office, remove yourself from the stressful situation and give yourself time to calm down. This not only improve your mood, it prevents you from harsh words or actions that might bring regret later.
- Relax. When you’re stressed, your muscles tense up and can make your joints ache. You grit your teeth which can also make your jaw hurt. Relaxing eases your anxiety. Think of pleasant things and try and make it a habit. Always remember that it’s not the end of the world. Focus on your good fortune and not just on the stressful things.
- Exercise. Regular exercise relaxes your body and mind. It also keeps you in great shape.
- Realize that some things are not always in your control. This can bring on major stress, but it’s a futile reaction. You just have to do the best with what you can control and accept the rest. It’s a hard one for most of us though and something l continually struggle with. When you get on a plane, you give up control to the pilot for instance. You can meditate, pray or do some form of stress control, but ultimately you are in someone else’s hand.
- Put your financial life in order. It’s no secret that monetary difficulties are major causes of stress. By spending less than you make, you can start to knock down your bills and save money for your future, putting your mind at ease and relieving stress. Brush up on financial knowledge with these great reads.
- Pets. This is not something l would recommend for everyone. Pet have been known to improve our quality of life. They can ease depression and are wonderful companions. That being said, they are great responsibilities and should not be taken lightly. They require constant care and can cost a lot of money. You should only get one if you are truly ready for one and can provide the love, affection, care and cost that they come with.
Please Pin Me:
Do you find yourself stressed often? How do you handle the stress? Would you consider any of these relaxing gift ideas for anyone you know, perhaps you?