In the fast-paced world, we live in now, you’re hard-pressed to find people with little or no stress. The world as we know it is changing so rapidly. The markets are on their very own roller coaster and all we can do is hang on for the ride. Inflation is hitting us on all fronts. Is it any wonder why we are stressed?
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, read our disclosure page.
Natural disasters are occurring at an alarming frequency. From powerful hurricanes to earthquakes that have wreaked so much havoc and destruction, not to mention the loss of precious life. Turn on the TV and it seems the world is going to hell in a handbasket. Blame it on global warming if you will. I present some relaxing frugal git ideas for everyone.
Add that to the stress of everyday life and you can see how stress management is definitely needed in one’s life. Hopefully, you are prepared for financial emergencies. Here are some relaxing and great gift ideas for you as well as stressed-out friends and family that won’t cost you an arm and a leg.
7 Relaxing Frugal & Fantastic Gift Ideas For The Stressed:
In no particular order of the things that will make you relax more and worry less.
Anyone who has indulged in a manicure or pedicure will attest to the stress relief gotten from it. A lot of people are on their feet all day and would welcome the chance to soak their feet and disconnect from everything. Even if it’s just for a few minutes, the effect is longer lasting. It’s like having your own in-house masseuse. This is the ultimate self-care for your feet. Check out the rollers and bubble jets. The temperature control function is quite nice too. Make sure to get yours and destress.
Art Wall Print:
Our home is our sanctuary. Your surrounding should be calming and relaxing. It is your oasis after all. It’s been studied and proven that we are affected by what we have around us. If you are in a chaotic environment, you will definitely experience stress. You might consider painting your room in a calm color as well. Something that takes you to a good place or invokes a great memory. The beach, a hike, anything you did.
Relaxing, soothing, nourishing, and calming. Right in your own home. What’s not to love? Any person who is overworked and stressed would appreciate it. You can purchase it on Amazon here. Make yourself or your loved one happy with this variety pack.
As a proud owner of some pretty cool headphones by Bose, The comfort 35 is as good as it gets. I love being able to tune everything and everyone out. I loved my quiet comfort 25 that was before this, but l love the convinence of no wires. Listening to your favorite music or podcast or books should definitely relieve stress. This is a universally great gift idea that will be appreciated by all.
This is a great and versatile stress management item. You can use it at home, , and in the office. Deep tissue massage to relieve the stress of everyday life. Voice controlled too so you can find just the right point. Brookstone also has a variety of massagers including Essential Oils Are Relaxing Frugal Gift Ideas:
Ten different essential oils including Eucalyptus and Jasmine that can be used anywhere to help with relaxation and calming of nerves. This is an effective and natural way to combat stress. The set already includes a diffuser and makes for an awesome gift. A few drops of oil in a humidifier in the baby’s room can do a lot to calm them :-). Stress balls are not just for adults. Kids can get in on the fun too with this set. Fun and easy to use and can be used anywhere, thanks to the portablility. In motion, in bed, or even while walking. It serves not only to relieve stress, but it strengthens the hand as well. A win-win situation. Makes an excellent gift idea for a stressed-out coworker, a commuter, pretty much anyone.
Other relaxing frugal gift ideas for stressed people include:
Ten different essential oils including Eucalyptus and Jasmine that can be used anywhere to help with relaxation and calming of nerves. This is an effective and natural way to combat stress. The set already includes a diffuser and makes for an awesome gift. A few drops of oil in a humidifier in the baby’s room can do a lot to calm them :-).
Stress balls are not just for adults. Kids can get in on the fun too with this set. Fun and easy to use and can be used anywhere, thanks to the portablility. In motion, in bed, or even while walking. It serves not only to relieve stress, but it strengthens the hand as well. A win-win situation. Makes an excellent gift idea for a stressed-out coworker, a commuter, pretty much anyone.
For eons of years, tea has been acknowledged to have a calming effect on people. This variety is packed with delicious flavors such as caramel and clementine. It’s sure to be a big hit for anyone wanting a natural way to fight stress and get a good night’s sleep.
A yoga mat is a perfect gift for anyone who is either a newbie or a practising yoga student. This mart is terar resistant and can be easily carted around with the carrying strap. Buy yours now.
These are just a few frugal gift ideas for stress relief in men and women. A DIY project can be a stress relief gift basket incorporating some of these items. You can also add massage lotions, spa certificate gifts, yoga lessons, candles, and some relaxation tapes. This gift idea for someone who is stressed gives it a more personal feel because it shows a well-thought-out act of kindness.
Stress Management Tips For The Stressed:
- Exhale. Breathe deeply. When you feel yourself getting stressed out, take a moment and just breathe. If you’re in the office, remove yourself from the stressful situation and give yourself time to calm down. This not only improve your mood, it prevents you from harsh words or actions that might bring regret later.
- Relax. When you’re stressed, your muscles tense up and can make your joints ache. You grit your teeth which can also make your jaw hurt. Relaxing eases your anxiety. Think of pleasant things and try and make it a habit. Always remember that it’s not the end of the world. Focus on your good fortune and not just on the stressful things.
- Exercise. Regular exercise relaxes your body and mind. It also keeps you in great shape.
- Realize that some things are not always in your control. This can bring on major stress, but it’s a futile reaction. You just have to do the best with what you can control and accept the rest. It’s a hard one for most of us though and something l continually struggle with. When you get on a plane, you give up control to the pilot for instance. You can meditate, pray or do some form of stress control, but ultimately you are in someone else’s hand.
- Put your financial life in order. It’s no secret that monetary difficulties are major causes of stress. By spending less than you make, you can start to knock down your bills and save money for your future, putting your mind at ease and relieving stress.
- Brush up on financial knowledge with these great reads.
- Pets. This is not something l would recommend for everyone. Pet have been known to improve our quality of life. They can ease depression and are wonderful companions. That being said, they are great responsibilities and should not be taken lightly. They require constant care and can cost a lot of money. You should only get one if you are truly ready for one and can provide the love, affection, care and cost that they come with.
Please Pin Me:
Relaxing Frugal Gift Ideas: Wrapup
I hope this post has given you frugal ideas for people in your life who need it. This of course includes you, as we all know how important self-care is.
How do you manage everyday stress?
Do you find yourself stressed often? How do you handle the stress? Would you consider any of these relaxing gift ideas for anyone you know, perhaps you?